https://jacksgenerictri.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/inspectionJGTWordPressFeature.png 400 495 Willliam Dyson https://jacksgenerictri.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Website-Logo-340x156-1.png Willliam Dyson2018-10-29 17:34:082018-10-29 17:34:08Pre-Ride Safety Inspection
Pre-Ride Safety Inspection
Use the 8 tips below when conducting your pre-ride safety inspectionBefore each ride, perform a safety check of your bicycle. This pre-ride safety inspection should take a minute or two. Click To Tweet
This pre-ride safety inspection will help prevent avoidable accidents and keep you spinning happily!
- Check your tires for proper inflation (marked on the side of the tire)
- Check the tire treads for excessive wear or other damage, such as embedded glass or other objects
- Check the brakes; spin the wheels to check for rubbing and apply the brakes to ensure they stop the bike smoothly and evenly
- Check the brake pads for excessive wear
- Check the cables and housing to make sure there is no fraying or splitting
- Check the wheel quick release levers to ensure they are secure
- Check for any loose parts or other mechanical problems
- Do a slow-speed ride and inspect bicycle, brakes, and shifting before you leave your driveway
Following this pre-ride safety inspection guideline will go a long way to enjoying your bike rides. It’s easier to remain motivated in the offseason when your bike is in great shape. It will often help you prevent unexpected incidents or a long walk home.